Junior Project Coordinator (New Graduate)
Let’s build our future! Engage in a rewarding career and join our team of qualified professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in setting up project reporting procedures (cost reports, file logs, submittal logs, change logs, etc.)
- Assist in the preparation of performance status reports regarding cost forecast, schedule and safety.
- Monitoring project safety reporting and conducts regular safety inspections as set out by Health, Safety and Environment systems.
- Understanding and enforcing contractual responsibilities, contract documents and resolving disputes.
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in developing and monitoring the project schedule and budget.
- Assist in negotiating and issuing subcontracts and major purchase orders and monitoring their progress, schedule and conducting subcontract buyout.
- Assisting the Project Superintendent in establishing the construction plan, engineering methods, project safety and environment programs.
- Assist in the preparation and verification of progress payments to owner and subcontractors, and monitoring progress.
- Involved in all facets of project close-out, including archiving of documents, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies and warranty work.
- Assist in developing and ensuring compliance with quality control plan/establishing site action teams as necessary.
- Preparing correspondence, reports, form, and specialized documents; proofreading materials for accuracy, completeness, compliance, formatting, and correct English usage, including grammar, punctuation and spelling.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in a related engineering or construction management discipline or equivalent experience
- Previous coordination experience within a small – mid general contractor
- A Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
Matheson is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position but only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Matheson Constructors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that Matheson Constructors does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.