Junior Estimator (New Graduate)
Let’s build our future! Engage in a rewarding career and join our team of qualified professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaboratively work with the estimating team on completing assigned quantity survey and full-cycle bid process for projects of all sizes; completing reviews of assignment with Lead Estimator.
- Utilize and apply research skills at every stage of the process to identify project-specific prices related to key items including labour, equipment and materials;
- accurately interpret technical specifications for bid documents; Performing detailed specification and drawing review.
- Performing bid day assignments; take bids and analyze bid recaps and distribute bid documents to subs and suppliers; ensuring bid document control.
- Communicate and monitor resolution of any problems or questions encountered during the bid process; RFIs and with trade partners, such as subcontractors and suppliers.
- Checking all addenda; checking, reading, incorporating, pricing and distributing.
- Placing sub bid request ads and minority bid ads; Updating subcontractor solicitation list.
- Maintain unit rate database and set up alternates and unit prices.
- Attending pre-bid, site visit and start up meetings as required.
- Making phone checklist, review with bid team.
- Transferring “will bid” subs and suppliers to appropriate Estimating Sheet/SmartBid.
- Calling and coordinating Scopes of Work with all subcontractors; ensuring subcontractor bid coverage on all Scopes of Work.
- Assisting in pricing COs as and when required.
- Preliminary construction schedules in MS Project or equal.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 2-year college diploma in a construction related discipline
- 0-3 years of experience in construction cost estimating, lump sum
Matheson is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position but only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Matheson Constructors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that Matheson Constructors does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.