Field Engineer (New Graduate)
Let’s build our future! Engage in a rewarding career and join our team of qualified professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide support to the Superintendent and advise on all engineering and construction details which must be included in the work and may impact the schedule.
- Prepare detailed layouts and drawings to support the transfer of information to the field installation.
- Act as a back-up resource for the project superintendent, as a trainee, as required.
- Verify existing grade conditions (such as sewer inverts, roadways, existing buildings, floors, etc.) for accuracy of elevation assumed by the Consultants.
- Layout exact lines for building foundations and have them checked by a land surveyor, where possible.
- Participate in the care, filing, updating and recording of all contract drawings.
- Be responsible for marking up a set of progress drawings to visually monitor the progress of major work components, such as: shoring; excavation; foundations; superstructure; exterior shell & roof; partitions; floor tiles; other finishes as required.
- Assist as directed in the preparation of all look-ahead schedules and keep current.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment.
- Updating and maintaining site logs (drawings, RFIs), preparing timesheets, verifying invoices, labour quantities, packing slips, purchase orders and updating daily job diaries.
- Prepares for project close out by collecting warranties, O&M manuals and occupancy documents; creates turnover documents, demobilizes site and archives documents.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related engineering or construction management discipline
- Minimum of 3 years construction experience in an operational role
- Thorough understanding of the engineering principles associated with the work
- Thorough knowledge of contract drawings and specifications
- A Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
Matheson is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position but only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Matheson Constructors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that Matheson Constructors does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.