Senior Project Manager
Let’s build our future! Engage in a rewarding career and join our team of qualified professionals.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Develop, recommend and implement the project construction plan and schedule and ensure compliance with quality control plan.
- As an ambassador of the Company, mentor, coach and lead the project team.
- Lead project mobilization process, including cost reporting, labour and materials, site office and document control process.
- Proficiently fulfill project reporting obligations related to job cost, schedules, safety, ensuring a profitable outcome.
- Ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule to the satisfaction of the client.
- Establish and effectively manage project relationships including owner, client, architect, consultants, building and regulatory authorities etc.
- Lead reviews and negotiations of subcontracts, procurement of major purchases, and change orders.
- Understanding and enforcing contractual responsibilities, contract documents and resolving disputes.
- Act to resolve disputes between the Company and owner/subcontractors when possible prior to escalating; manage claims and claims avoidance.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related engineering or construction management discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of proven experience in project management from project pursuit to project close-out, overseeing commercial construction projects (hard bid, AFP and/or negotiated)
- Previous management experience within a mid – large general contractor; experience in a unionized environment an asset
- P.Eng and/or LEED certifications an asset
- A valid class G Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position but only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Matheson Constructors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that Matheson Constructors does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.