Project Superintendent (Greater Sudbury)
Let’s build our future! Engage in a rewarding career and join our team of qualified professionals.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Mobilizing of the project – equipment choices, site layout and site set-up, including temporary power
- Development, management and implementation of the quality, control, safety and environment programs/Fit-for-Duty policy
- Field administration: preparing timesheets, verifying invoices, labour quantities, packing slips, purchase orders and updating daily job diaries
- Correspondence with owners, consultants, trade contractors, et.al.
- Monitoring cost control and job costing, quantity reporting, forecasting, productivity
- Reviewing and implementation of changes; recording As-Built conditions
- Organizing and co-ordinating all subcontractor activities (includes conducting and chairing weekly co-ordination meetings), assisting project manager with buyouts, monitoring subcontractor monthly progress invoices
- Understanding contractual responsibilities, contract documents and resolving disputes
- Project close-out: responsible for final inspections, deficiencies, warranty work and site demobilization
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High-School Diploma
- 10 years of proven experience as a Superintendent from project start to project close-out, overseeing ICI construction projects
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
- A solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation, including OH&S regulations and Building Codes
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Familiarity with Labor relations and collective agreement management.
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
- Possess a valid drivers’ license.
Matheson Constructors is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position but only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Matheson Constructors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that Matheson Constructors does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.