Let’s build our future! Engage in a rewarding career and join our team of qualified professionals.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Develop, recommend and implement the project construction plan and schedule and ensure compliance with quality control plan.
- As an ambassador of the Company, mentor, coach and lead the project team.
- Proficiently fulfill project reporting obligations related to job cost, schedules, safety.
- Ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule to the satisfaction of the client.
- Establish and effectively manage project relationships including owner, client, architect, consultants, building and regulatory authorities etc.
- Lead reviews and negotiations of subcontracts, procurement of major purchases, and change orders.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A construction, engineering or business degree/diploma and a minimum of five years’ experience or equivalent with a mid-large general contracting firm; P.Eng and LEED are assets.
- Superior skills in project management, scheduling and management software. Viewpoint experience is favourable.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support our project teams in the resolution of time sensitive construction challenges.
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of construction: technology, equipment, materials, bid management, claims management and safety.
- Ability to effectively and creatively solve problems related to construction, sequencing and staffing.
- Excellent computer skills with an aptitude for learning new programs; experienced in MS Office and MS Project; experience with Viewpoint an asset.
- A valid class G Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required for project travel.
Matheson Constructors is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Matheson Constructors. Please note, due to the high volume of applications, only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Matheson Constructors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that Matheson Constructors does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.