Let’s build our future! Engage in a rewarding career and join our team of qualified professionals.
Primary work location: Aurora Office
As a Project Accountant, you will support the ongoing and effective full-cycle accounting management of current construction projects in alignment with operational and contractual requirements. This role regularly collaborates with Project Managers to assess project costs, profitability and performance.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Complete project set-up and job closings in Accounting software.
- Update, maintain and report on project budgets and cash forecasts on a regular basis.
- Conduct job cost analysis by analyzing project budget variances and performance indexing. Identify reasons for variances, issues and trends. Propose recommendations to resolve or mitigate.
- Perform full cycle accounts payable duties for assigned projects in accordance with project contract terms and conditions including preparation of billing packages, electronic fund transfers and cheque runs.
- Accumulate, interpret and analyze financial data for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Act as liaison with operational divisions, providing the respective Project Managers with information (both financial and non-financial) to assist them in managing their projects.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree/College diploma in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and a minimum of three (3) years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience (Construction Industry Preferred).
- CPA Designation preferred, or in progress.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position but only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Matheson Constructors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that Matheson Constructors does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.