HR Business Partner
Let’s build our future! Engage in a rewarding career and join our team of qualified professionals.
Primary work location: Aurora Office
Working closely with the Director, People and Culture, the HR Business Partner will contribute to the development and implementation of the HR strategy in support of organizational objectives. The HR Business Partner fosters positive employee relations at all levels through exceptional service, including delivering quality HR analytical insights, open communication and operational controls in support of a positive employee experience.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Manage a complete best-in-class recruitment and talent acquisition process up to Executive Management positions.
- Work with Business Unit Leaders on generating talent forecasts and long-range workforce outlooks.
- Manages the HRMS and ATS systems ensuring accuracy of data at all times.
- collaborates on special projects and applies critical thinking and strategic initiative in developing and recommending effective solutions.
- Advances and delivers the Onboarding Program, ensuring consistency of experience, documentation and training needs for all new hires.
- Supports the Director, People & Culture by conducting market research for Total Rewards Program in support of talent attraction/retention; ensure competitiveness and cost effectiveness.
- Provide sound interpretation and advice to Managers and staff on applicable legislation, policies and Collective Agreements to shape decision making and ensure exceptional level of service and a positive working environment.
- Conduct workplace investigations as required, documents and produces final report.
- Administers employee programs and appreciation events.
- Facilitates and conducts employee offboarding and performs trends analysis.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- CHRL Designation
- 7+ years of experience in a generalist, manager or business partner role.
- Construction industry experience an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; plus, familiar with HRMS systems, Keystyle HR Management experience an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to build, foster and maintain constructive relationships with employees at all levels, vendors and union partners.
- Ability to function independently and as a member of a team dealing with multiple priorities in a complex environment while applying critical thinking to develop alternative solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills, including conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated experience aligning HR goals and objectives with the business goals, combined with a strong ability to translate business needs into HR solutions.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position but only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Matheson Constructors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that Matheson Constructors does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.