Health and Safety Coordinators
Let’s build our future! Engage in a rewarding career and join our team of qualified professionals.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Health and safety management on our sites.
- Manage, organize, document and advise with project safety inspections and investigations, site and trade contractor safety submittals and health and safety orientations. Prepare and submit health and safety reports.
- Organize and conduct training programs including, but not limited to, WHMIS, Fall Protection, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid.
- Ensure employees and trade contractors comply with safety procedures. Manage to resolution as required.
- Develop and manage hazard controls, identify hazardous situations and manage to safe resolution.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A safety management degree or diploma or a combination of training and work experience.
- Two to five years of construction safety experience.
- Certification under the Occupational Health and Safety Act/Regulations.
- Experience working on large scale construction sites.
- Effective delegation skills and the ability to ensure that our staff and workers follow safety rules and regulations.
Primary work locations available: Project Sites Dependent.
Matheson Constructors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.