Let’s build our future! Engage in a rewarding career and join our team of qualified professionals.
Primary work location: Project Site location – Whitby, Ontario
The Field Engineer will assist the Project Team manage daily site deliverables including: layouts, concrete takeoffs and coordination of onsite scheduling etc.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to the Superintendent and advise on all engineering and construction details which must be included in the work and may impact the schedule
- Prepare detailed layouts and drawings to support the transfer of information to the field installation
- Review and ensure that tradesmen follow the working points of the layouts or levels
- Monitor the progress of excavation daily and share recorded updates with the Project Superintendent
- Using progress charts, identify and propose additional equipment or measures that will resolve deviations from the project schedule
- Accurately set out the site boundaries from the plot plan or surveyor’s drawings
- Be responsible for marking up a set of progress drawings to visually monitor the progress of major work components, such as: shoring; excavation; foundations; superstructure; exterior shell & roof; partitions; floor tiles; other finishes as required
- Assist in the co-ordination of the RFI process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binder
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related engineering or construction management discipline
- 0-3 years construction experience in an operational role
- Thorough understanding of the engineering principles associated with construction work
- Thorough knowledge of contract drawings and specifications
- A Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
Matheson Constructors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.