Let’s build our future! Engage in a rewarding career and join our team of qualified professionals.
Primary Work Location: Aurora Office
The Estimator (Level 1) will be responsible for analyzing costs and assisting the estimating team in the preparation of bids and tenders for construction projects, demonstrating an enthusiasm for active learning.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Collaboratively working with the estimating team on completing assigned quantity survey and full-cycle bid process for projects of all sizes; completing reviews of assignment with Lead Estimator
- Utilize and apply research skills at every stage of the process to identify project-specific prices related to key items including labour, equipment and materials;
- With an eye for detail, accurately interpret technical specifications for bid documents; Performing detailed specification and drawing review
- Actively complete full quantity take-offs to ensure accuracy of contract specifications and pricing; coordinate like items with other estimators in consideration of bulk pricing opportunities
- Performing bid day assignments; take bids and analyze bid recaps and distribute bid documents to subs and suppliers; ensuring bid document control
- Communicate and monitor resolution of any problems or questions encountered during the bid process; RFIs and with trade partners, such as subcontractors and suppliers.
- Get creative and think outside the box to come up with innovative solutions and opportunities; look beyond plans and specifications to produce the best pricing solution;
- Actively participate in a learning environment, share your knowledge and be a role ambassador throughout the estimation process with your team; review all estimates and documents within your team as appropriate
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 2-year college diploma in a construction related discipline
- 0-3 years of experience in construction cost estimating, lump sum
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, SmartBID, Bluebeam and MS project software
- Intermediate knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid closing procedures
Matheson Constructors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.