Let’s build our future! Engage in a rewarding career and join our team of qualified professionals.
Primary work location: Aurora Office
The BIM Coordinator is responsible for collaborating with the Project Teams, including external parties to manage and develop VDC/BIM models, logistics and schedules.
Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work alongside Project Managers & Construction Managers to develop project specific 2D/3D Site Logistics & 4D Schedules.
- Perform Clash Detection on 3D models from Conceptual stage through Construction on an on-going basis.
- Model missing 3D Information in Revit based on PDF, CAD or other non-3D technical submissions.
- Managing incoming consultant documents and models in an organized fashion.
- Performing take-offs/quantities as required to assist the Estimating/Project Management Teams.
- Provide 3D content from BIM Models to compliment the Marketing Department.
- Providing weekly/bi-weekly collaborative Navisworks models to the Project Team.
- Assist in generating required LOD Matrices for internal tracking/model review purposes.
- Generate 3D content from internal and external BIM Models to assist the Project Team, Owners, Consultants and Trades in understanding the design/construction intent.
- Assist colleagues in utilizing BIM/Project Document Control Software (Navisworks Freedom, Assemble, PlanGrid, Egnyte).
- Review requirements and qualifications for consultant & trade contractors engaged in VDC/BIM enabled projects.
- Assist with BIM execution strategies and plans with project team.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Design discipline degree or diploma or combination of technical training and work experience.
- Proficient working with VDC/BIM related software, such as Autodesk, Revit, Navisworks.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to read & write design/construction documents.
- Proficient working with Bluebeam (or equivalent) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiar with 3DS Max, MS Project, Synchro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Vizio, Microsoft Power BI (or equivalent).
- Ability to manage data derived from 3D laser scans/point cloud models.
- Self-motivated and adaptable to a changing and fast paced environment while managing multiple competing deadlines.
- Experience working with Corporate Project Document Control Systems.
- Comfortable and willing to teach/assist the less ‘technical savvy’ individuals.
Matheson Constructors is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position but only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Matheson Constructors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that Matheson Constructors does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.