Let’s build our future! Engage in a rewarding career and join our team of qualified professionals.
Primary work location: Aurora Office
Working closely with the Director, People and Culture, the HR Business Partner will contribute to the development and implementation of the HR strategy in support of organizational objectives. The HR Business Partner fosters positive employee relations at all levels through exceptional service, including delivering quality HR analytical insights, open communication and operational controls in support of a positive employee experience.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Complete project set-up and job closings in Accounting software
- Update, maintain and report on project budgets and cash forecasts on a regular basis.
- Perform full cycle accounts receivable duties including reconciliation and timely collections; reviewing accounts payable list/cheques on a per project basis.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies and misapplied payments
- Conduct job cost analysis by analyzing project budget variances and performance indexing. Identify reasons for variances, issues and trends. Propose recommendations to resolve or mitigate.
- Assist with month end processes (primarily related to the review of projects)
- Accumulate, interpret and analyze financial data for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Working closely with Project Managers and Operations’ team to ensure adherence to all accounting and finance policies and procedures as per the Company and project contracts; providing Project Managers with information (both financial and non-financial) to assist them in managing their projects.
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis, research and reports for management as requested; coordinate year-end audit file preparation and assist in any other regulatory audits with external auditors.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree/College diploma in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and a minimum of three (3) years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Construction Industry experience an asset; knowledge of Prompt Payment Act an asset
- CPA Designation an asset
BUSINESS EQUIPMENT AND COMPUTER APPLICATIONS:
- Knowledge of accounting systems, budgets and internal controls; proficiency with accounting software (Viewpoint, Sage, Procore are assets)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite, specifically Excel
Matheson is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position but only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Matheson Constructors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that Matheson Constructors does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.